Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Long Awaited Update Part 2

So this past year has been a very interesting year for my family.  It took them a while to adjust to me being away and then in January my dad lost his job after nearly 20 years of service at Cedar Park Church.  When I got the phone call telling me that things were over at Cedar Park, I was literally in shock, although I don't think the reality of it really it me until I came home in April.  It hurt me to see everything that my family had been dealing with without me.  Cedar Park had been our home church for as long as I can remember.  No other church felt exactly right.  April and most of May and June were really hard for me because I was missing my friends from Bethany terribly as well as missing my friends from church.  Ladner just didn't feel like home without high school or my church.  I am still finding it all very difficult, especially my mom's negativity about the whole situation.  It is all we ever seem to talk about, or at least every conversation seems to eventually lead to this topic.  My dad was looking at some churches out of province but the timing just isn't going to work out with moving and my brothers really don't want to move when they are so established here.  But for me, I no longer feel established anywhere except Bethany.  Moving would have brought me closer to the friends I made there.  I can't wait to go back in September!  But right now most of my time is consumed with working at Splashdown and the Theatre trying to earn money so I can afford to go back.  This suits me just fine, as it is a little crazy at my house right now with renovations.  Come visit me at the theatre or Splashdown!  I would love to see some familiar faces.  Hope you are all having safe and relaxing summers.

2 comments:

  1. aw jess, i can't wait to see you around here again! glad to hear you're keeping busy with work. hope your house isn't too hectic with decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen! Renos are coming along nicely and it'll look so nice when they are done.

    ReplyDelete